Remote tech support is a powerful tool which allows our technicians to screen-share and control any Mac, PC or Linux computer system, allowing us to assist clients as quickly and efficiently as possible. Unlike other providers, we use the safest most secure remote support solution on the market, which is trusted by Fortune 500 firms and universities. We’re providing enterprise level remote support directly to the home and small business computer user.
By combining the convenience of remote support and the backing of our local full service repair center, we can appropriately handle any and all tech support needs. Unlike almost all other remote support companies, every one of our technicians is located right here in the Boston/Metro West area. This means no language or cultural barriers and no poor quality internet phone calls. For anything outside the scope of remote support we offer service in our local repair facility, something most providers can’t claim. We won’t push monthly or yearly subscriptions, recommend any unnecessary software or hardware upgrades, or push unneeded services.
• Unique flexible program, use us as needed or buy support in bulk.
• Monthly or yearly subscriptions not required.
• Local support staff.
• Highest resolution rate available.
• Backed by our local repair center.
• Support for all platforms and operating systems.
• No high pressure sales tactics.
• No software to install, no trace left behind.
• No access without your consent.
Don’t let just anyone access your personal computer. Put your trust in the local reputable techs at Alpha Geeks Onsite! In order to provide our clients with the highest level of privacy, security and safety. We use LogMe In to connect our techs to you. Most remote IT services use cheaper, less secure cloud/web based applications which may stay installed on your system after the remote support session concludes.
Remote support offers a lot of great capabilities and convenience, however this type of support does have substantial limitations. Many providers claim that just about any issue can be resolved remotely, and unfortunately this simply isn’t the case. Many critical and fundamental hardware components can only be properly tested by powering down the system and booting to special diagnostic tools or removing/testing hardware components. Often, hands on access to a computer is needed for proper evaluation and repair. For example, in cases where data recovery is needed, remote support will actually heighten the risk of data loss.
Additionally virus and malware infections shouldn’t be worked on remotely, and should be scanned by connecting to a known healthy system to run malware scans. We’ve provided a short list of situations where remote IT service is great, and some instances where it just doesn’t cut it.
Remote support is a great solution for:
• Installing or updating a software applications.
• Adding peripherals such as a printer or camera.
• Installing the latest security and performance updates.
• Removing unneeded applications to boost system performance.
• Installing or updating system drivers.
• System cleanups to maximize performance and stability.
• Getting assistance with learning or using a new or program.
• Setting up and managing backups to protect from data loss.
• Assistance with organizing files and folders.
• Removing conflicts and compatibility issues.
Remote support is not a good solution for:
• Hardware problems and/or physical repairs.
• Data recovery from any kind of data loss scenario.
• Serious virus, trojan or rootkit virus/malware infections.
• Damaged or corrupted Mac OSX or Windows systems.
For all your Remote Support needs think Alpha Geeks Onsite! Please contact us today to discuss how we can help you.